Thursday, September 29, 2011

Autumn Spice Cookies

When I was a teenager my sisters and I loved when fall would come around because we got to make these cookies. I must say half the fun of baking is enjoying the time with whoever you are baking with. My son is just getting old enough to help and I am loving his eagerness to do so.
Sorry, there are no pictures of the finished product because I am currently trying to manipulate the recipe, so i can use whole wheat flour. Usually I can use the same amount, but this time it did not seem to work. As soon as I have it figured out I will let you know. Here is the recipe:

1/2      c Shortening
1/4      c Margarine
1/2      c granulated Sugar
1/2      c Brown Sugar
2           Eggs
1        tsp Vanilla
2 1/2  c Flour
3/4     tsp Salt
1        tsp Baking Powder
1        tsp Cinnamon
1/2     tsp Ginger
1/2     tsp Nutmeg
1/8     tsp Cloves
1/8     tsp Mace




Mix in order. Chill at least 1 hour or until dough is firm enough to roll into a ball. Bake at 350 degrees on an ungreased cookie sheet for 6-8 minutes. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment