Sunday, December 30, 2012

New Year's Resolution

At this time of year everyone is making resolutions, and sadly most will be failed and forgotten by this time next month. However I am hoping and praying I can really apply mine to my life and not just 2013. My resolution is:

To become better at the job God has called me to- a wife, mother, and homemaker

I struggle at all three, and my problems with depression some days are hard. I need to be more faithful in taking my medicine. I am also beginning to learn where I am weak in each of these areas.

I want to be a wife that my husband to be proud of. I want to have a home and children to be proud of. We also need some time just for us. Something we have not been focusing on. My last date with my husband was Valentine's Day (10 months ago!).

I want to be a mother my children will love. I want to be point them towards God. I want do more crafts, play more, teach more, laugh more. I need to enjoy the blessings God has given me more and to do a better job of raising them. I want to leave a legacy!

One of my Christmas presents was an amazing book called Large Family Logistics. I am hoping it can really help me in the area of housekeeping. I am a terrible housekeeper! Now with 3 children (3 and under) in a 900 square foot apartment, I need help with how to keep up on things and get organized. A little while back I posted aboutthe projects I am working on. I am hoping as I complete each room I can post pictures.

I am hoping to write more posts on how I accomplish these goals, so I hope you will come along for the ride! Tell me some of your resolutions.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment