Saturday, June 18, 2011

Happy Father's Day!

I want to acknowledge to very important men in my life, my husband and my father. My husband grows more and more everyday as a father. I hope you see how much our children light up when you come in the room. I know you can actually see the love Monkey has for you, but I hope and Jewel grows you begin to understand that special relationship between and father and his daughter. Thank you so much for all you do for us! We love  you!









My dad, like I said on Mother's Day had to step into both rolls, and he did an amazing job. I know now more as an adult of the sacrifices he has made through the years. He has been my rock through the ups and downs in my life. My dad and I have always had a very special relationship and a very close relationship. Partly because my mom traveled so much with her job, and partly because I am my dad's only little girl. I pray that my husband and Jewel have our relationship as they grow. I guess a lot of things remind me of songs because, I am always putting song lyrics up, but there is one song in particular that will always remind me of you dad. I love you, Happy Father's Day!



There's two things I know for sure,
She was sent here from heaven, 
And she daddy's little girl.
As I drop to my knees by her bed at night,
She talks to Jesus and I close my eyes,
And I thank God for all of the joy in my life,
Oh but most of all

For butterfly kisses after bedtime prayer
Stickin' little white flowers all up in her hair,
                                   Walk beside the pony daddy, it's my first ride,
I know the cake looks funny daddy, but I sure tried.

Oh with all that I've done wrong,
I must have done something right,
To deserve a hug every morning
And butterfly kisses at night.
by: Bob Carlisle

No comments:

Post a Comment