Sunday, August 7, 2011

Diet

Since this will be the first time in three years that I am not pregnant and/or nursing I am going to use it to get rid of some weight that has crept up on me these past several years. I like to blame it on the 23 pounds I gained with him, or the 16 pounds I gained with her, but I am one of those people who weighs the same they did before they were pregnant (please do not hate me) the day they leave the hospital. Although, I might add that the weight has done some shifting through the years. As you can see from the previous post I am not the 110 pound I was in high school. I, unfortunately, am not a patient person, I like to see results right away. I am going to of course start burning more calories than I take in, and make sure I am drinking plenty of water. I am going to start by doing a quick diet that I remember my parents doing often when I was a child..... The Cabbage Soup Diet. I know it sounds gross, but when I was very young I remember enjoying the soup. Basically, you eat mostly fruit and vegetables, some meat, and as much of the soup as you can stomach. It is only seven days, so hopefully I will last. I figure if I can do this tough diet for seven days I can do a moderation (everything in moderation) diet for a few months. I will let you know how it goes. I am a little concerned though, the last two time I have gone on diets and started losing weight I got pregnant, so we will see (I guess that is a good excuse not to lose weight). Oh well....




No comments:

Post a Comment