Friday, May 4, 2012

Cinnamon Rolls

I figured I would keep with the food theme I have had for the past couple of days. Being pregnant I think about food....a lot! Last night I dreamed about eating a cinnamon roll, so this morning I had to have one for breakfast. I went to about a dozen websites before I decided to go to one of my favorite sites for "copying" restaurant food at home copykat.com. I found a recipe for the dough I liked, but not filling or icing. You can go to Copy Kat you can find their recipe for the dough I used. Here are the recipes for the filling and icing.

Filling:
1 1/2 c melted butter
1  c  brown sugar
2/3 c granulated sugar
2 1/2 Tbs cinnamon (you can add more)

Icing:
4 oz cream cheese
1/2 c melted butter
1 c confectioner's sugar
pinch of salt
little bit of vanilla (about 1 tsp)

These are fairly easy, if you have patience to wait for them to rise. I tried to hurry them along, that is why there are no pictures. Hurried or not we enjoyed them, I hope you do too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment