Thursday, May 10, 2012

Mother's Day

I am am going to share something that might be a little surprising.... I really do not like Mother's Day. I know I have two wonderful children (and another on the way), who remind me daily how special it is to be a mother. My mother passed away when I was almost 14. God took her home of a difficult battle with cancer, and I am glad to know she is no longer suffering. I am very grateful for the women that God has allowed to come into my life. My step-mom has been an incredible example to me through the years. She is a very godly woman, and her example in many areas of life is more than I asked could have ever asked for. I am so very thankful God allowed her to come into my life at exactly the right time, and guide me, despite my rebellious nature at the time. It was a hard lesson to learn, but I am forever grateful. Last year I honored several wonderful ladies in my Mother's Day Post. This year I want to honor my mother by telling her what I would say if I could talk to her.
My mom and me

Dear Mom,
   I miss you! If only I would have known before how much time I had with you I would have made those few year much more special. That is the why life is though. I am reminded by your memory how "Life is like a vapor," we never know when we will breathe our last breath. I try to remember that as I go throughout my day caring for your beautiful grandchildren. I know you would have adored them, and spoiled them, but I know you are enjoying your two in heaven. It is difficult this time of year knowing we cannot celebrate together, because while I have some wonderful people down here, there is a special place in a child's heart reserved just for their mother. I wish I could have seen you holding your grandchildren, playing with them, and spending time with them. I must admit it brings tears to my eyes when my friends post pictures of their moms holding their new babies, but I understand that you can watch over us better from where you are. I am very grateful to God for the years He gave us together and I treasure every memory. I am looking forward to making some of the same memories with my children. Thank you for loving me. I love you, mom! Happy Mother's Day.

I hope everyone takes time on Mother's Day, and throughout the year to spend time with those you love, and hold them tight, because our time on earth is short, and you never know how short.

No comments:

Post a Comment