Monday, May 7, 2012

Migraines

Migraines are bad enough without pregnancy, but when you add that element in....oh goodness! I do not think mine are as bad as some people get them, but mine are still debilitating. I have had two this pregnancy. The first once I could barely stand up because the pain had me so dizzy. I ended up going to the Emergency Room. They started an IV, gave me benadryl, and something for the pain. I will be honest I was a little out of it and do not have any idea what they gave me other than the knowledge that it was safe for pregnant women (the nurse told me it was something used to take the edge off contractions). It was terrible! I have never felt that way before. I felt very antsy, tired, shaky, and kind of out of my body. All I knew was I wanted to get out of that hospital as fast as I could, and never go there for a migraine again. For the second one I was determined to stay at home no matter how bad it was. It was worse than the first, I was vomiting, dizzy, shaky, and in incredible pain. There was a few things I did.


  • The lemon water really helped with the vomiting, as well as crackers
  • Something light to eat (remember you need to eat for baby)
  • I made our bedroom as dark as I possibly could
  • My sweet husband watched the children
  • Tylenol (one of the few things we can take while pregnant)
  • Sleep
It started about 5:30 am, and I was able to go to the couch by 4:00 pm. Also, of you can stomach caffeine helps, cokes and chocolate (we all know chocolate will cure just about anything). I would hope no one else has to experience migraines while pregnant, but if you do I hope these ideas help you.

No comments:

Post a Comment