Friday, July 5, 2013

4th of July


This is my favorite holiday. Before anyone judges me  I think we should  celebrates Jesus everyday. Yes certain seasons during the year allow us to focus on His birth or His resurrection, and I serve a risen Savior daily. 

I love the time with family and friends, watermelon, swimming, sparklers, fireworks, and the fact that I was born in America. Yes, the country has flaws, and list seems to be growing more than shrinking, but those of us who have been born here are very fortunate (although other probably feel the same).

I hope everyone had a wonderful Independence Day!


Sparklers

The best I could do :)




"Battle Rockets" as my son calls them

Desserts- my world famous (only when my siblings are overseas) apple pie and chocolate covered pretzel rods

My 4 year old's plates (minus his corn on the cob), the only thing left was some honeydew and about 1/4 of his hotdog.

My plate, it was a holiday right ;)

Nana (my mother-in-law holding Cathy Belle) and Aunt Beta (her sister Linda)

Papaw (my father-in-law) and the kiddies 

The aftermath... I turned on "A Capitol Fourth" and watched it by myself

No comments:

Post a Comment