Monday, July 25, 2011

Covers

Monkey has had a toddler bed since he was about two and a half. Since Jewel was born when he was 17 months old, we needed the crib. He was so cute, for the first 6 months he would ask, or wait until we told him he could get out of it. Right around his second birthday, he discovered that he could get out all by himself (it was nice while it lasted). Now we have a baby gate in his doorway, so he can not get up in the middle of the night and rearrange the house. His nightly routine is to get out of bed several times, and call for me from his gate. I go and tell him to get back in bed, and he will usually run over to his bed and say "Covers" meaning he wants me to cover him up. I usually give in once or twice. I am concerned about spoiling him, but all I can think of is, in a few short years he will no longer ask me in that sweet little voice to cover him back up. I have already seen in these past two and a half years how quickly they grow, and I do not want to miss a second of it. I do not want to miss an opportunity to cover him up, but at the same time I know there is a fine line between that and spoiling them. I try so hard to do what is best, while indulging them a little. I just do not want to sit at their wedding or graduation with the past 18-22 years playing through my mind and have any regrets. I love my babies and I want them to know it every second of their lives. I know if I do not cover him up one more time he will not remember, but I just seem to struggle. Does anyone else have this problem?







No comments:

Post a Comment