Sunday, January 12, 2014

Baby #4- Week 7

Baby is the size of a blueberry!

My hormones have kicked in full swing. I cry over the slightest thing and my nausea is getting worse! Just typical pregnancy, but I would not trade it for anything! 

I was having some cramping and pain, so I ended going to get checked out. Turns out I have a small yeast infection (very common in pregnancy), and I have had one with each of mine. Funny thing is it has always been near the beginning, like my body gets off balance and then is fine the rest of my pregnancy.

Thanks to the pain though I was able to see my little blueberry on the screen. Baby has a good strong heartbeat. I am measuring a couple of days smaller which has been normal for me as well. I typically can figure out my due date by the "3 months back and 7 days ahead" rule, but my doctor always adds a couple of days.

My nausea has kicked in, and it seems to be doing well. This time is not nearly as bad, but I am not sure if it is this particular pregnancy or the "SeaBands" (and I am not willing to take them off to find out). 

I did one small project this week. I usually have several projects that I am always working on, but when I new baby is coming there is always more to do. This was to switch out all of my "regular" clothes with my maternity clothes. I did 4 loads of laundry and packed them away. I am quickly outgrowing things. The nurse who did my ultrasound was able to find the baby using an abdominal ultrasound, so my uterus is just now above my pelvic bone. That means I have a nice small bump. My body seems to have developed it rather quickly. Now do not get me wrong I love bumps, but when you are bigger than the lady at church who is two months ahead of you, you feel a little self conscious.

I cry at the drop of a hat. It is usually pretty bad, and this time with the cost thought of my mother-in-law not here to share in some of the joys, it is a little worse.

I am looking forward to, hopefully, settling everything with our insurance so I can get my first appointment scheduled. I cannot wait to hear the heartbeat! That is something that never gets old.

We are thanking God for our newest blessing! The big brother and sisters are excited as well. My two oldests keep putting their hand on me asking to feel the baby, but I remind them it will be a while. I love their excitement! Emma is certain the baby is a girl, but Ray-J has flip flopped, and Cathy Belle is showing some jealousy. She has tantrums when someone else is in my lap, she will try to push another child away if they try to snuggle with me while she is in my lap. This is all new. Up until about 2-3 weeks ago she has been a "Daddy's girl" and she still is (she works him), but she has become very jealous of me and my lap. Oh the drama of girls! We are secretly hoping for a boy, but we will love a girl equally as much!


No comments:

Post a Comment