Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Thankful: Day 20

Today I am thankful for my stepmother, Chris! When my dad started dating her I thought she was a little weird, and I was not even sure if I liked her (she gave me my first detention). Then I saw that my dad was happy so that was all that mattered, it would not be so bad. After they married I fought her with everything I had, she was changing my world, and I was not ready for that. I thought I am 16 and I am done being raised who are you to try and change me, but she dug in her heels even more than mine. We butted heads, we cried, we probably even yelled some. She did things that made me mad, sad, and even things I thought were crazy (some I still do). I am so grateful for all she did for me! Words cannot express how thankful I am for this woman who married a man she loved and put up with his head strong stubborn daughter. She just loved me and did not understand. She kept trying to pull me in and I pushed away. God gave me a precious precious gift when He gave her to me. I know I was not easy to love, and I am so glad she decided to do it anyway. She stepped in and filled a void. She knew she could never take the place of my mother, but she knew she could fill the empty hole in my heart. I do not deserve her love, but I am so glad she chose to love me despite myself. She has done so much for me, and I am who I am today partly because of her. Now I enjoy our "mother-daughter" talks, and I enjoy her enjoying my children. I love you Chris!
Chris with Ray-J (2months)

Chris with Emma (4 months)

Chris with Ray-J and Emma at the beach this past August 

With Cathy Belle (2 days old)

My dad and Chris on a cruise (world travelers)

No comments:

Post a Comment