Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Thankful: Day12

Today I am thankful for longtime friends! I have a few friends in my life that have been my friend for many years. I am thankful for each one.
I am on the far left and the beautiful bride in the middle is my friend Christine.

We "met" when I was 7 weeks old and she was 6 weeks old. Our parents put us in the same daycare, and we became friends for life. We attended the same daycare and preschool. I was put in a different kindergarden and elementary, but we were always having sleepovers, and of course birthdays, and holidays we spent together. My family moved away the summer between our 5th and sixth grades. We still kept in touch. We both spent time visiting each other, and like my dad always promised she joined my family on a cruise for our 16th birthday, after her mom took us to Disney World! As high school went on we drifted apart for a few years, but reconnected our freshman year of college. I was a bridesmaid in her wedding December of 2005, and she in mine January of 2007. We now communicate via Facebook and Instagram. We are on each other's Christmas card list, and are enjoying watching our children grow up!


This is Elisabeth and myself (and our photot bomber) on Rush Night in college.

She and I became friends when she was in 6th grade and I was in 8th grade at the same Christian school. Later we started attending the same youth group, and then we went to the same college. She is now living about 11 hours away, but we still keep in touch off and on. I am thankful that she is another friend that I can pick up the phone anytime and we can pick up where we left off! 

Thank you God for these 2 sweet ladies that I am privileged to call my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment