Thursday, November 7, 2013

Thankful: Day 8

I am thankful for my mother-in-law! Today would have been her 56th birthday. She is celebrating on streets of gold today, so I know she is much happier than those of us left behind. She was an amazing woman! She touched the lives of so many, as a teacher, co-worker, wife, sister, mother, grandmother, and friend. She was not only my mother-in-law, but a friend. We talked almost every day either face to face or on the phone. She had a great testimony, and she would make sure anyone who met her also knew about God's love and saving grace. I met her just 8 short years ago, and although it was such a short time I still grew to love her. She was the first person I told when I found out I was pregnant with Ray-J. She was so excited to hear she was going to be a grandmother, a Nana. She so enjoyed spoiling her grandbabies. Her strength was amazing to watch as she battled cancer, then Cushing's syndrome, and cancer again. Her faith never faultered. She taught me so much, and I am so thankful for my time with her. Thank you God for allowing me to be a part of her life!


No comments:

Post a Comment